Yes, I know it has been a while. But I come to my keyboard bearing gifts of the visual variety, in the form of student artwork from my Painting I class. Admittedly, we haven't created a huge quantity of masterpieces, given that I've been drilling color theory into their heads.
Below are some photos of my Fabric Translation Squares Project, where students had to select a piece of patterned fabric, and then match the colors, desaturate the colors, and paint the color complements. I loved the effect when I hung them all together - it looked like a quilt!
Here are some exemplary pieces from my Fraktur Hex Sign Project. Students focused on symmetry & balance for their designs, and then had to select a specific color scheme to execute their paintings. If you're interested, you can view the presentation I made to introduce the project here.
I find myself continually surprised by my students' skill and thoughtfulness. Sometimes it takes lighting a huge fire under their butts, but when they can let go and just give themselves over to the process, I think they surprise even themselves.
Enough bragging. Now it's time to get to work on another round of concept sketches for my upcoming hospital project (I'll tell you all about it in another post, soon... promise).